Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goat Detained

(Detained Goat)


This is the best article I have ever come across in my short history of reading news online. While reading this article I was laughing so hysterically that I literally fell out of my chair, prompting looks from various co-workers. The article being referenced talks about a group of "hoodlums" in Lagos, Nigeria who were caught in the act of stealing a car when the local police were patroling the area. The police said, "we pursued them however, one of them got away and the other turned into a goat." The goat is currently sitting in custody. Apparently belief in witchcraft is fairly widespread in Africa, especially the most populis country of Nigeria.
After telling Tim about this article he immediately suggested that I become a police officer in Lagos following a stint in the Peace Corps. Yeah Tim, let me get right on that.

(Suspected Goat)

No comments: