Friday, January 23, 2009

Figured So

As some of you may well know, by that I mean the people I talk to on a regular basis - friends famill etc, I have been networking like a lemming with the people at Big Sky. Especially so the HR Director and I have become good friend since we are undoutably from the same area(Detroitish) and share most political and social views meaning we can relate on most popular issues. the most recent issue being the Obama order to shut down Guantanamo Bay in Cuba - my logic being that these individuals could or could not be terrorists in the first place, they are being held in a foreign country so the normal laws of imprisonment are not in place, and they can be tortured to no end for no apparent reason other than being "suspected" terrorists - no solid evidence. This issue still being debated on the chairlift of course. 
Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that he has the ins and outs of what is actually happening in the terribly managed resort we are both a part of at the present time. The positions that have been offered to me and others I have applied for may r may not exist bugdgetwise in the next quarter. Experience I really want and has very transferrable skills onto other things in the food and beverage industry may or may not be available to me. All this means is that I need to keep my options open but to be told one thing, assume another, and be told a completely different story from both previous is astronomically difficult. Not only due to the fact of having a position in this volatile economy but the uncertainty of both. F*c*. Really? Hmm. I like my odds here and have to make moves either way, another organization or another location. Why plan a base if fire is constant?  

No comments: