Monday, December 8, 2008

Powder Pup


Had one of the messiest prime ribs last night at Oasis in Manhattan, Mt. This piece of meat was definitely the juiciest, most flavorful, largest, and most filling slab of grass chewer I have ever eaten. That paired with some good ole Montana Potatoes, a more than ample serving of blue cheese salad, and garlic bread that melted in my mouth. (I'm drooling while writing this btw). I shared this meal and massive food baby afterward with Stone Cold (Uncle Dave for those of you in the circle, believe me, it's a place everyone aspires to be in). The conversations with Uncle Dave varied from the process of soil nails to infrastructure investment(which was proposed by Obama just today) to water vapor being the biggest greenhouse gas and finally wrapping up with his friend the pollock back in Michigan. One of the perks of being out here in Montana, I truly enjoy spending time with/hearing the opinion of Uncle Dave.
Last night it began snowing heavily down here in the meadow, which is a little less than 1,000 vertical feet from the base of Big Sky. The predictions of snow had for once been right. Waking up to a snow covered car on my day off was a delight. Getting to the first chair with over a foot of fresh powder was wonderful. Having fresh tracks all day after a long night and day of skiing = priceless. Being exhausted after skiing all day was a much welcomed relief to all the hard work I have been doing....HA. 
Let's breakdown what my work days have consisted of thus far. - Get in early, around 7:30 to start the "busy" workday. I receive all the postings and revenue from the previous days from the various vendors owned by Boyne at Big Sky. These numbers are then placed into a daily report for Boyne Corporate that has to go out before 12pm. There are two other reports I am responsible everyday, which are the daily statistics of sales, visitors, skiers, other revenue, lodging, etc. All this work is usually done within the first three hours and at the time of completion I promptly look for more projects to work on, either by asking people in my department or being innovative on my own. Well being innovative in an environment not
 conducive to such thinking, is quite difficult and frustrating. My boss told me to "chill" the other day, really. 

Adjusting to the hella relaxed Montana work and leisure life. 

-Photos were taken today. Over a foot of fresh powder, wonderful. 

No comments: