Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Looking to Buy? Picks Below

From the title alone, one might think that I will be suggesting some stock picks for these "market deals." Sorry to disappoint but that is not my intention, as I was beaten to a pulp after suggesting to a friend something to buy last year when this pick went sour. Of course he shortly realized afterward I suggested that he short - note to all: don't participate in the market if you have no clue what that particular term means. From that point forward, making suggestions is childsplay, a rather juvenile thing to do unless one is willing to do their own research to prove said picks worth. 
The item I am referring to in the title is Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat. The market value for such a powerful item has yet to be found but I'm sure if you ask Illinois Governor Blagojevich (soon to be former) he could give you a fair price. That is as long as you provide a high paying job for his wife as well. Hearing about this news on Bloomberg this morning made me think, "shit I don't have to go to law school to get one of the highly competitive senate seats, I'll just pay for it." Of course I would also need a few million USD's and in these credit conditions, that may be a bit impossible. A call will be placed to Nana shortly for sponsorship, which I will tell her just how wonderful of a person, baker, grandmother, and most of all, sponsor of her grandson the new senator from Illinois. 
Yes, getting to that level of office merits the person there some perks that could include removing those from the press that criticize you, selling prestigious positions of government, putting your wife on corporate boards, taking a "substantial" salary from a non profit organization (this one particularly boils my blood), and who knows what else will emerge in the next few days. Wow, I want to be governor. The first thing that comes to mind upon hearing this news - "Is this common of people coming out of the government in Illinois?" 

No comments: