Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Sky Ski Bum (one step above)


My parents weren't so keen on the initial idea of moving to Big Sky Montana to work in the accounting department in the first place, as in "get a real job" kind of thing. Well guess what? I'm here and things have been great thus far, by great I mean I really like being out here at this point in my life but know this is wonderful for now. The first day of work consisted of four hours of work and three hours of skiing with my boss. Can anyone else say that? Highly doubtful. Granted, the work is menial and could possibly transpire into something greater with Boyne Inc, who knows who knows. 

Jumping topics like hopscotch in South Chicago at a slightly awkward family party (only slightly awkward of course). Haha

The people I am renting a room from have been more than accommodating, giving me an arrival dinner, lay of the land, and access to everything in the house. Which btw is an awesome newly built log home that is exactly what one thinks of when picturing life in Montana. The house is only six miles, 1,000 vertical feet, from the resort. A very scenic drive every morning and night, which brings a smile to my face every time. Enjoy what you have while you have it, life comes at you fast. 
I went with a fellow coworker, this Georgian Jodi who left her "favorite job" to live in Montana and ski, to a local brewery after work. The Lone Peak Brewery that is owned by a couple who have been literally all over the country. Steve, the owner, went to the Masters Brewing Program at UC Davis, traveled the country with his wife several times, and ended up living his dream of owning a brewery in Big Sky. I personally don't have the balls to do something like travel the country in a motor home but I do envy that kind of nomadic life, especially enjoy hearing about it. We tried all of his brews and chatted for a few hours, listening to all the life experiences/adventures this nomad has enjoyed. The Lone Peak has newly acquired a regular. 
View the majestic photo for a minute and honestly say that is somewhere you wouldn't want to be for a period of time...

Ski Ski SKI


No comments: