Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Season's Over and It's Dumping

The ski season ended on April 12th and so did my employment contract with Boyne. Of course after the season ended, myself and friends decided on getting entirely too debauched. This started at Yeti Dogs, the best hot dog you will ever eat, so they could empty their outstanding kegs of PBR which we had no qualms about. This was accompanied by the ski school finding a way to extend the pond skim in the plaza with about 3 inches of standing water and an endless takeoff ramp. Some fared well, others not so much. I then went over to my friend Cole's place for an end of season pow-wow, synopsis, and debrief. After this we met everyone down at the Halfmoon, only the best bar I have ever set foot in and believe me I have set foot in two or three over the years. 
The party at the Halfmoon lasted a good six hours, felt like 2. A shot-ski was taken out and that was the beginning of the end, people were bringing out the most ridiculous shot combinations that 4 people had to take down in unison. The shot ski can either make or break you and the three other people on your team. Great fun. 
After careful consideration and thinking long-term, I have cancelled my trip down to Costa Rica. This sucks due to my broken leg and the great group of people I would be going down there with, people I may not see again anytime in the near future. That being said I need this leg to heal as fast as possible so that it doesn't hinder fishing season nor effect movement later on in life. On thing I don't mess around with is my health, may be selfish to my friends who are still going on the trip but I need to lookout for #1. The pain is still there, more soreness and muscle burning than anything else but more than enough to keep me off of a surfboard. 

Plan: go down to Uncle Dave's in Manhattan for a while then head up to The Bone for the month of May. Anyone who wants to come hangout and fish is more than welcome. 

Tata for now. 

No comments: