Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Manageable

The season has been over since Sunday the 12th yet it has been snowing here everyday since then, almost tempting management to reconsider. Granted, that would never happen but I wouldn't mind poaching a little before it all melts away. Again, that will never happen as I am just over two weeks past fracturing my left fibula. Well don't you leave me high and dry or anything. Being that I am one to push the envelope on the capabilities of my body, this was bound to happen. However, for next year I do need to purchase some backcountry heel-releasing bindings to better navigate the unknown, if you will. Snow shoeing up into Beehive Basin wasn't the best idea, exhausting and a good workout nonetheless, but not efficient means of transport. 
While sitting with my roommates watching the greatest tv series every produced, Planet Earth, I received a phone call from my buddy the HR director. He wasn't happy I will not be attending the Costa Rica trip and wanted to extend his sincerity about the issue only to then inform me that my previous boss put in for his two weeks leaving me the #1 for the position. Interesting turn of events indeed. I knew he was leaving at some point but not this soon to go back to the East Coast. Mulling the decision over last night segwayed into an email this morning from the HR recruiter at CNA informing me that a position in their Chicago office has opened up and they want me in for an interview fairly soon. 

Hmm.... I have heard these things happen in threes. Discussion with the boss lady tomorrow to talk further about the accounting role at Big Sky.

Upside - working with all my friends, great people, continue skiing, hunting, fishing at will, and would be able to stay in Montana.

Downside - working most weekends, absent for holidays again, and no telling where the tourism industry is headed. 

No comments: