Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Expectations

We all like to have some sort of expectations when our birthdays come year after year. Maybe something spectacular will happen, meet a life changing person, get something great, or just have a nice day. Well I experienced somethings that were ok and then some that made me realize just what kind of position I was currently in. it made me happy that my whole family called to speak with me and that I am able to have such great roommates to take me out and celebrate the event of me turning over another year. It made me upset just how many individuals I thought were good friends took for granted the passing of the next year. Not everyone makes the A-Team. However, I was happy with the individuals who took the extra effort in calling to chat. This does not take up much time and it strengthens the friendship. Not everyone makes the A-Team. 
Good news today - I have gotten a room in someone's apartment for the month of October, giving me some more time here in Chicago to figure something out. Granted the room is smaller than my parents closet at home, but then again aren't most of the homes in New Guinea? This will give me some time to think, gather, and plan my next move. Living off of caddying money and whatever other sidejob I decide to accrue at that point. Gotta love staying afloat whilst bobbing with the buoys gasping for air on the upward bob. Greatest thing about this is that I am able to read most of the day, sharpening my mind for future endeavors. 

Sharpening, SHarPening, sharpENING. 

No comments: