Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nearly

Nearly there! I have never had to have backup plans in so many different areas until now. Things are falling into place more than I expected expected expected. I thought that I might have only a few (maybe one or two) different opportunities to pursue within the next few weeks, to my surprise there are more than that. Thinking late last night on what could have gone wrong in a certain opportunity I really wanted breads good news this morning of a continuation in the process. This made me instantly excited and glad the books purchased toward gaining more knowledge about this opportunity have not yet been returned to the bookstore. Should also get an answer from Mars Inc tomorrow afternoon to find out if they are interested in pursuing my employment as well. Might have to make a life-changing decision as to where and what I want to start off my professional life doing. 
I have been thrown back and forth, up and down, around around around in this fucking process that it has made me view life and people with extreme caution. To others who don't know you think that you are a potential asset/liability or the analogy I like the most (usually used in selecting randoms at a bar) - something that looks good or not. These people see so many candidates that if a winning trait doesn't stick out in the first few minutes, see ya!! Impressions are the most important thing in these interviews and I feel that in the trading interview I made a big impression that has led to my continuation in the process. My interview skills/knowledge has grown strong over the last year, qualifying me to write a small book on what to do/not to do and other things of this nature in interviews. Experience spans from manufacturing, sales, insurance, consulting, banking, wealth management, ibanking, trading, and recruiting. I have been interviewed by all of these different industries!! Ha why the eff am I not employed right now??? A few reasons in the last blog outline why, aside from me not wanting to be in Michigan at this time. 
Other news in the life of Trev is the persistent former gf who has been very hot and cold in the mass texts I receive from her on a daily basis. Some will say how big of an asshole I am for not responding to her, others will apologize for the previous ones and begging that I respond to her. She also keeps sending requests to blackberry message, which are denied upon receipt. What is the point of talking to people who have such a negative outlook on life, bad family life, someone you have little in common with, and were not friends with before the relationship. I feel deceived more than anything by this girl because she was entirely different before, upon moving back home she turns into a monster (for lack of a better term). Granted she may have a bad home life but nothing on her part is being done to correct that situation. O well, some people never grow up.
The triathalon training is going well, with an eight mile run Monday and over twelve miles on the bike Tuesday. Today swimming will take precedent if this storm holds off before then. 
Hasta hasta hasta

No comments: