Monday, February 23, 2009

Rendition

Driving down the mountain yesterday to meet some friends for an after work beer I did a once over about my current state. It was kind of like doing a diagnostic report on a car, plug in some good tunes and do an evaluation. I then threw on Deadmau5's Not Exactly to begin. After a few minutes of deep thought I came to a conclusion I had never been completely faced with before, that being entirely stress free. It was certainly a wonderful diagnostic conclusion, in turn bringing a massive grin for the remainder of the trip down the mountain. 

Went out in Bozeman with a friend from work, to meet her friends out for Tapas and a few drinks afterward. Being that it was my first time out in the city just north of Big Sky, it was nice to go somewhere without knowing everyone in all the places already or having to see a birdless crowd the entire evening. Her friends were all good-ole Southern girls, with innocence written all over them,  the group enjoyed escapades for the better part of the night. After closing the place down we made our way over to a friends house, luckily I ceased drinking a few hours before leaving as one of Montana's finest followed us a good portion of the trip home. Assuredly, I was able to drive back into Big Sky that night as I also had to work in less than 5 hours. Not more than 1/2 mile down the road I dodge the first two deer only to smack into a third who decided it might be a good idea to stop in front of a car. Wrong. The deer bounced off the car in the direction it came from and began a loud, almost screaming, noise wretched to the ears. We stepped out of the car t assess damage, as well as, take the deer out of its misery which was performed using my CRKT. Keep the blood on the blade son - Gangs of New york ref. 
This was particularly scarring for my friend, as it was her vehicle, she had never seen a deer murdered at such close range, and she too had to work in a few hours as well. i was just upset she wouldn't allow me to take the deer with us, wasting the animals fresh meat out of season. Bummer.  

No comments: